Hello! I hope everyone had a lovely March. Personally, school has been kind of exhausting, but thankfully I have spring break next week! The Spring weather is also making me feel more optimistic. I’m looking forward to enjoying mild weather and sunshine in the next couple months.
I barely read at all for about the first week of March, but I managed to catch up! I read 10 books total this month, which I think is pretty good considering I had so much school work. I also managed to read every book on my March tbr except for one. 60% of my books this month were by authors of color; I also read 2 audiobooks and 4 queer books.
I read some really good books this month. I especially enjoyed Take a Hint Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert, and Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (which reminds me I still have to write my review for that). Unfortunately, I also had quite a few disappointments. Most notably Filthy Sugar and Women in Mathematics.
I will leave the full list of books I read this month along with ratings under the cut. Let me know in the comments what you read this month! Good or bad, I would love to hear it.
- The Body at the Tower by Y. S. Lee – ★★★
- Take a Hint Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert – ★★★★
- Filthy Sugar by Heather Babcock – ★★
- Last Night at the Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo- ★★★★ (leaning toward 3.5)
- A Burning by Megha Majumdar – ★★★
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi – ★★★★
- A Lady’s Guide to Mischief and Murder by Dianne Freeman – ★★★
- Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers – ★★★★ (also leaning toward 3.5)
- Women in Mathematics by Lynn M. Osen – ★★
- Mother-Daughter Book Camp by Heather Vogel Frederick – ★★
Let me know down below what you’ve read this month, or if you’ve read any of these!