Hello lovely readers! I realize I have been super absent this month; I really only managed to make two posts in June. However, I’m really hoping to change that next month! June was just kind of my school hangover month, and I was in a book slump for most of the month.
Nonetheless, the lack of school afforded me quite a bit of free time to spend reading. I ended up reading 12 books total in June. In an attempt to get out of my book slump, 3 of these were actually re-reads. 4 of them were audiobooks, which I have been playing a lot while getting ready in the morning and while cooking dinner in the evening. My favorite reads of the month (that were not rereads) were Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde, Perfect on Paper by Sophie Gonzales, and Persuasion by Jane Austen. Despite my book slump, I liked every book I read this month, which is amazing.
I’m also super excited right now because my Unplugged One Last Stop box came in today! So I finally get to start one of my most anticipated reads of the year! And I will be posting lots of pictures of my beautiful new book and goodies on my Instagram, so if you’re interested this is your reminder to follow @readingwithdelaney on Instagram! As always, check under the cut for a full list of the books I read this month!
- Beach Read by Emily Henry (reread) – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- A Pho Love Story by Loan Le – 3/5 stars ★★★
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becki Albertalli (reread) – 3.5/5 stars ★★★
- Watch Over Me by Nina Lacour (reread) – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Perfect on Paper by Sophie Gonzales – 4.25/5 stars ★★★★
- Persuasion by Jane Austen – 4.25/5 stars ★★★★
- Teach Me by Olivia Dade – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- This is How you Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone – 3.5/5 stars ★★★
- Ace of Spades by Faridah Abike-Iyimide – 3.5/5 stars ★★★★
- Shit, Actually by Lindy West – 3.5/5 stars ★★★★
What was your favorite read this month?