Welcome back to yet another monthly wrap-up! I don’t know about you, but for me it felt like July lasted for forever. I’m currently excited because I only have one more week left in my summer internship, and then I get a three week break before I have to go back to school! While I’m home, I’m hoping to get through a lot of books.
I read a total of 11 books this month, which is pretty comparable to every other month so far this year. I read a lot of really good books this month, including One Last Stop, Transcendent Kingdom, People We Meet on Vacation, and The Housekeeper and the Professor. Two of these were on my most anticipated of the year list, so I was so excited to finally read them. I only read one book this month that I didn’t really like, Fresh. This was also one of my most anticipated books of the year, but I just didn’t enjoy it. Hopefully I’ll be posting a review of that soon. I have left a full list of the books I read this month, along with my ratings, under the cut, and you can find reviews for some of them in my speed reviewing post. Happy reading!
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Dial A for Aunties by Jesse Q. Sutanto – 3.5/5 stars ★★★
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- Fresh by Margot Wood – 2/5 stars ★★
- That Way Madness Lies edited by Dahlia Adler – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa – 4.5/5 stars ★★★★★
- The Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw – 3.5/5 stars ★★★★
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert – 4/5 stars ★★★★