Happy New Year! I am on the West coast of the United States, so technically it is still December 31st, and thus this is indeed day six of blogmas. Originally, I was going to use this day as an end-of-year wrap up. But since I never did a November wrap-up, and I read so many great books in November and December, I thought I would use today to do it instead.
Like I said, I read a lot of great books the last two months. The only books I felt mediocre about were ones that I had to read for class. I read a total of eight books in November, and eight in December. Six of those were for school, so ten of them were for fun. Some of my favorites and almost favorites of the year came from the last two months, like Emma and The Lady’s Guide to Celestial Mechanics. I also read some great YA books just in the past week that I loved, including Layoverland and Cemetery Boys. Keep reading under the cut for the full list of books I read the last two months!
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid – 4/5 stars
- Zami: A New Spelling of my Name by Audre Lorde – 3.5/5 stars
- The Blacker the Berry by Wallace Thurman – 4/5 stars
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan – 4/5 stars
- Funny Boy by Shyam Selvadurai – 5/5 stars
- Quicksand by Nella Larsen – 4/5 stars
- The Lady’s Guide to Celestial Mechanics by Olivia Waite – 4.5/5 stars
- Passing by Nella Larsen – 4/5 stars
- Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg – 5/5 stars
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston – 3.5/5 stars
- Portrait of a Thief by Grace D. Li – 4/5 stars
- Emma by Jane Austen – 5/5 stars
- Layoverland by Gabby Noone – 4/5 stars
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle – 4/5 stars
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas – 4.5/5 stars
- I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver – 4/5 stars
It is a short post today, but I am absolutely exhausted – it’s time for me to go to bed! I will be back tomorrow with a full overview of my 2021 reading stats. Thanks so much for reading, and happy 2022!