Happy end of January! I don’t know how it was for you all, but January just went by so slowly for me. I was so determined to post some reviews this month, and it just didn’t happen. However, I will hopefully be posting some romance related posts in honor of Valentine’s Day this month!
January is usually a pretty good reading month for me because I have most of the month off from school. I ended up reading 12 books, which isn’t that far off from my usual average, but HALF of those were literary fiction, and one of them was nonfiction. So in the end, I am pretty happy with it.
I read a lot of really good books this month. My favorites were When You Get the Chance, The Guncle, and Anxious People. But really, I liked every single book I read this month. Take a look under the cut for the list of all the books I read this month.
- Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil DeGrasse Tyson – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- The Guncle by Steven Rowley – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney – 3.5/5 ★★★
- Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- When You Get the Chance by Emma Lord – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- The Project by Courtney Summers – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- The Confessions of Frannie Langton by Sara Collins – 3.5/5 stars ★★★★
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah – 3.5/5 stars ★★★
- Harlem Shuffle by Colson Whitehead – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman – 4.5/5 stars ★★★★
- The Road Trip by Beth O’Leary – 3/5 stars ★★★
- My Monticello by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson – 4/5 stars ★★★★
What was your favorite book you read this month? Let me know in the comments!