Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. I am currently doing lots of school work preparing for finals, but I am optimistic because the end is in sight, and Spring is here! The sunshine and warm weather do wonders for my mood. Especially because they give me the chance to read outside.
I read less books this month than I would have liked, but I managed to stick to my tbr relatively well, and I read some great books! I read eight books total, and some of my favorites of the month were Ophelia After All by Racquel Marie, Black Cake by Charmain Wilkerson, and Fortune Favors the Dead by Stephen Spotswood. I purchased 3 new books this month, all of which were published in 2022! I don’t do a lot of book purchasing, so it was very fun to get my quarterly book unboxing and shiny new covers. I did read all 3 of those this month, to mixed results. Overall, it was a good reading month! Read more about the books I read and what I posted on the blog below!
- Ophelia After All by Racquel Marie – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Dating Dr. Dil by Nisha Sharma – 3/5 stars ★★★
- We Ride Upon Sticks by Quan Barry – 4.25/5 stars ★★★★
- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson – 4.5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Fortune Favors the Dead by Stephen Spotswood – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- The Office of Historical Corrections by Danielle Evans – 4.5/5 stars ★★★★
- One For All by Lillie Lainoff – 3/5 stars ★★★
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (reread) – 4/5 stars ★★★★
I was pretty good about posting this month! I wrote a discussion post about how I choose which book to read next, and I posted two book reviews: Portrait of a Thief and I Kissed Shara Wheeler. I would love it if you could go check those out if you haven’t already!
I will probably post a review or two more this month, but I am currently out of ideas for non-review posts. Hopefully inspiration will strike soon! I might do another round of audiobook recommendations, we will see.