Hello hello! I don’t know about you all, but May was a very busy month for me. I finished school, took a short vacation, then moved and started a summer internship. I also got the chance to read many great books, especially during my short break time.
I read some absolutely amazing books this month, including some of my most anticipated releases of the year: Book Lovers by Emily Henry and Yerba Buena by Nina LaCour. I also re-read I Kissed Shara Wheeler, and got out of my comfort zone by reading 3 nonfiction books, one fantasy, and one sci-fi! Not all of these attempts were successful, but some of them were amazing, like Clint Smith’s How the Word is Passed. Overall, I would say it was a pretty solid reading month. As always, my full list of books is under the cut.
- She Gets the Girl by Rachel Lippincott and Alyson Derrick – 3.5/5 stars ★★★
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston (reread) – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Like a Love Song by Gabriela Martins – 3.5/5 stars ★★★
- Pet by Akwaeke Emezi – 3.5/5 stars ★★★★
- The Library by Sarah Stewart – 5/5 stars ★★★★★ (this was a picture book my friend got me as a gift, it’s absolutely adorable)
- Murder Under her Skin by Stephen Spotswood – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- Dress Code: Unlocking Fashion from the New Look to Millennial Pink by Veronique Hyland – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- Beyond Infinity by Eugenia Cheng – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- Yerba Buena by Nina LaCour – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- Queen of the Tiles by Hanna Alkaf – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- How the Word is Passed by Clint Smith – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry (reread) – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- The Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick – 3/5 stars ★★★
And that’s all! Did you read anything good this month? Leave me a rec below!