Hello, welcome back! This wrap up is going to be short and sweet because I am nearly two weeks late at this point, and would rather spend my limited blogging time writing other content. In the last 2.5 weeks I finished my internship, moved, visited my aunt, moved into the dorm, and started school. Then on top of that it’s getting over my jet lag, socializing and seeing all the people I haven’t seen for the last two months, and trying to unpack my room. Suffice it to say, I have been busy so there’s a reason there hasn’t been a post. Hopefully I will get back into my groove soon and have some things headed your way.
I did read a decent amount in August though, covering 9 books in total. My favorites were Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid and Kamila Knows Best by Farah Heron. The latter made me incredibly excited to pick up more books by Heron, as it was my first of hers that I’ve read, and I have heard really good things about Accidentally Engaged. I also reread The Night Circus, which is always a hit. My full list of books and ratings for the month are under the cut!
- Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- See You Yesterday by Rachel Lynn Solomon – 3.5/5 stars ★★★★
- The Sentence by Louise Erdrich – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino – 3/5 stars ★★★ (Sorry, Avery)
- Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano – 3/5 stars ★★★
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Kamila Knows Best by Farah Heron – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- Double Crossed by Ally Carter – 3/5 stars ★★★
- The Lesbiana’s Guide to Catholic School by Sonora Reyes- 4/5 stars ★★★★