Happy new year! I hope that however you celebrate, you had a great new year’s. I am planning on writing a full wrap-up of my 2022 reading year soon, but for now I wanted to write up a quick wrap-up for December. I had a pretty good reading month in December, especially after I finished the school semester!
I was kind of all over the place in terms of genre this month. I read mystery, fantasy, romance, litfic, and YA. Two books were re-reads, one of which was my annotated version of Beach Read. My favorites were The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna and the ARC I read of Imogen, Obviously by Becky Albertalli (which is published by HarperCollins, so this is your reminder to support the HarperCollins Union). Read my full list of books and ratings under the cut!
- Beach Read by Emily Henry – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- A Fiancee’s Guide to First Wives and Murder by Dianne Freeman – 3/5 stars ★★★
- The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna – 4.5/5 stars ★★★★
- We Ride Upon Sticks by Quan Barry – 4.25/5 stars ★★★★
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss – 3/5 stars ★★★
- Imogen, Obviously by Becky Albertalli – 5/5 stars ★★★★★
- Going Bicoastal by Dahlia Adler – 4/5 stars ★★★★
- A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas – 3/5 stars ★★★